The Harvest Moon Facial Tea derives its name from the Harvest Moon which is a term for the first full Moon at the beginning of the autumn equinox in the Northern Hemisphere. Around this time, the full moon rises earlier than any other day of the year, providing bright moonlight early in the evening. This extra abundance of bright light became a traditional aide to farmers to spend more time harvesting their crops- hence the term, Harvest Moon.
At Ecologic Skin Care, we draw inspiration for our products from the local culture and practices in our home country, South Africa as well as primal beauty rituals from around the world. We are inspired to create natural products by the changes of the seasons and the changes we experience within ourselves as we learn and grow. We are inspired by both people and nature and the relationship between these two.
We realised that facial steaming is something not many ladies do- it’s one of the few beauty practices that women don’t take home from the salon, yet one of our absolute favorites, as it is easy to do and forms an essential component of any self-love centred skincare practice.
Use the Harvest Moon Facial Tea to open pores, empower the release of impurities, clear pores of excess oil, dirt and debris, and promote circulation and oxygenation of the skin.
- Improve Circulation: Steaming creates a thermo-regulating effect on the blood vessels, allowing these to dilate and increase blood flow to the skin’s surface. This rush of oxygen and nutrient rich blood leaves you with a healthy, glowing complexion. Facial Tea’s are best used once a week or when dull, tired skin needs a revamp before a big day.
- ‘Detox’ your pores: Sweat created by facial steams help to release toxins, dirt and debris that would normally stay stuck. The heat softens dead, dry skin cells which gives a gentle exfoliation too.
- Advanced Absorption: Heat leaves pores in a hyper-porous state. This means any product applied after a steam will have a greater ability to penetrate and absorb the active ingredients in your follow-up product.
- Soul- nourishing: Facial steaming is a time for you and nobody else. Use this time to do a spiritual detox too by letting go of any negative thoughts you may be holding on to or work with positive affirmations.
TEA TIME with a difference… Add two handfuls of herbs to an old, clean stocking foot and tie to the hot water tap. Allow the hot water to run over the herbs, creating a herbal bath soak for a full body purification.
- Give your Facial Tea a small shake before tipping out a handful of herbs. The more herbs you use, the stronger your steam will be.
- Place the herb and blossom mix in a small to medium sized bowl.
- Fill the bowl with boiling water. The more water you add, the more diluted your brew will be, but the more steam you will have.
- The longer your brew stands, the more gently the steam will be. If you would like a strong steam, use your tea directly after adding water.
- Position your face over the bowl, with your chin hovering just above the water.
- Use a towel to trap and seal in the healing steam.
- Steam with your eyes closed for 10-15 minutes, wipe away sweat, and ideally follow with a mask or toner.
Thymus vulgaris (Thyme), Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary), Lavendula angustifolia (Lavender) blossoms, Matricaria recutica (Chamomile) blossoms, Calendula officinalis (Marigold) petals, Mentha piperita (Peppermint) leaf, Juniperus communis (Juniper) berries.
- Preservative Free -100% Biodegradable
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- Do not ingest.